Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Serves me right

A few days ago I received an e-mail from some very special. They asked me to forward it to others and the more I sent it to the better things would get. Well, I sent it off to a whole lotta people. And guess what? Things changed. While doing a repair at work on a particularly dirty truck I was interrupted to do an inspection on a truck that had just come in. Normally these inspections become nightmares fast. This was smooth and quick. Problem was, I left two wrenches on the back as it drove off. One mine the other the shops. No sweat, I know where he's heading an he can drop them off on the way home. I call his shop and they say he's already on his way home. Bullshit! I know he had one stop to make and it's impossible to get there that fast. His office says, " Oh well". I say, "fine I'll drive 150 miles and pick them up. Now I'm pissed. As I resume work on the repair, road dirt and grease start falling on me continuously. And As I am putting fresh tranny fluid in it the valve slips and shoots fluid in my face. Then Callie calls and says that kidlet didn't get into the after school program so I need to pick her up further away. Not at practice Callie informs me that this little mistake will cost about 500.00 extra a month. To top it off as I'm bringing kidlet home I find the some plastic was smeared on the pipes of my new bike. Now that I'm home I'm praying nothing else goes wrong. I thought Things were suppose to get better. I feel like I've been shot at an missed and shit at an hit!

8 comments:

Steph said...

That'll teach ya for giving in to a chain letter. Tsk! :P

lowk said...

I need to be punished for that. Should I write it on a chalkboard 100 times???????

Steph said...

Yes, write: "I will not give in to the stupidity of chain letters and will not forward them on to my friends because they don't really want to get them anyway and I'm just wasting my time and theirs and subsequently other peoples because we all know that the chain letter will continue to get sent because people never learn that they don't really do anything and all because of me there is this long, unnecessary chain going and thus I promise to never send a chain letter on again".

100 times. ;)

MYSTIC said...

When you visited the B the other day, didn't you read the sign on Murphy's Law. I also believed I said something about it being a week of Mondays. Your trouble really started when you made that comment about your wifes pic. She has been poking holes in your doll ever since

JR said...

Wow, that's a horrid day!

I was, however, amazed when you mentioned Callie and kidlet! I've read Callie's blog, and did not know that you were her husband when I opened your blog up today!

lowk said...

Stephie, you are one tought teacher. I would much rather be spanked.

Chris said...

You should sue the person that sent you the chain letter. They failed to live up to thier end of the bargain, so they owe you money!

lowk said...

I'd sue but then my wish might not come true