Monday, September 11, 2006

Tis the Season

I'm getting all a twitter as hunting season gets closer. I've decided to put a 110% effort into my hunts from now on. I use to but then I just got discouraged and when at it half ass. But now I've come to the conclusion that if I'm gonna spend the money and time I'm gonna do it right. Callie will probably get sick of it but I can actually hunt all year long for various game. This year I'll be using my .45 cal hawkens. It's a muzzleloader I built from a kit. I hope to get my bear tag after I get my bobcat tags. I'm even considering joining a varmit hunting club in Sacramento. It mat take awhile for me to get into the full swing of things but I cant spend the rest of my life dreaming about being in the woods or bagging game.
For those of you that don't approve of hunting. What was a need to gather food has now become a tool to manage wildlife as we encroach into their habitat. We have upset the balance and it is our responsibility to fix it.

9 comments:

Penny said...

Being a Newfoundlander (seal hunt anyone?) I understand the reasons for hunting. I'm not into it myself, but as long as it's controlled and numbers are kept reasonable, I wish you all the best and tell you to HAVE FUN!!!

Kal said...

You use bow and arrow, too? We've got a gaggle, or pod, or pack, or whatever, of turkeys that roam around the neighborhood that I'd love to introduce you too...

Callie said...

Just as long as you take us camping at a nice place (and not out in the middle of the desert, with scorpions and big-a$$ bugs dive-bombing us), we'll be okay.

:-D

lowk said...

Thanks you two. I'll tell you folks about a hunting trip
I took callie on before we were married. It's a wonder she survived.

MYSTIC said...

My son has two bear skin rugs already, I posted his deer pic. We have wild turkeys all around us too. What you said about natural balance is so true. An article I just read about bear attacks increasing when they are not hunted is true. Pros and Cons on both sides...common sense seems to be lost on some people. I need to break out the tents and MREs again.

lowk said...

Enjoy the outdoors while you can mystic.

MYSTIC said...

Lucky for me MO loves camping. Nothing like giving the kids a bath in a cold mountain stream...they haven't been right since.

lowk said...

I knew I liked you for a reason mystic.

Chris said...

Didn't you see "Bambi"? Hehehe.