Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Counting the days

Just a few more days till deer season. I took munchkin out Monday and sighted in the hawkens. It was fun, she saw a young doe and got so excited. Her eyes were big as pies. I was a little worried that the smoke might bother her. After all, muzzle loaders are called smoke poles. But right after the first shot she said "daddy can I have one of those guns". She was having a good time. A real chip off the old block. I honestly think she'll be the one that's gonna wanna go hunting with me when she's old enough. I hope that even if they don't like hunting both munchkin and kidlet understand why it's needed and respect others rights to do it. Anyway, I gotta get my possibles pouch ready tonight. The kids still think its one of mom's purses.

7 comments:

Callie said...

Just hope the don't start using it to play "dress up" like they do mine . . .

lowk said...

>(

MYSTIC said...

Best of luck. U using a 45 cal in the muzzel loader? I put some pics of the bears my son got and the deer and a few of the ducks. I took him out when he was young too...Dang I didn't know what I started. He loves hunting.

Chris said...

What?!? Not a Barrett .50 cal?

lowk said...

I built that hawkens 15 years ago. I need to put it to some real use now. Munchkins luvs it and wants one of her own. Maybe a .32 kentuckey long rifle.

MYSTIC said...

ELK in COLORADO LOWK??? I have to break out the camping equipment and take pics of the set up for you. I was thinking of you when I came home the other night. A bow hunter came bounding out of the woods, seems he was chasing a deer and not doing that well. Also saw a Red Fox in my yard this morning...dang it.

lowk said...

I'd give anything to be able to hunt elk any where. That bow hunter you saw sounds like me. I'd have more luck chsing deer and stabbing them with an arrow than sneaking up and getting a shot.