Saturday, July 01, 2006

Here it goes AGAIN

This is probably a waste of effort in some eyes, but what the hell. I've started working on my scoot again and this time with some new ideas. I could always use my creative ideas if anyone has anyway last scoot I built from scratch. This time I'm using a '88 evo in a Kraft hardtail frame. I may chop the frame a bit more because it doesn't have enough rake. It's a 33 over and I'm looking for maybe a 34 over so I can use a 6" over wide Springer front end. I'm doing more fab work on this sled than usual. I'll try and post pics as the work progresses so anyone one who cares can see the work. I'm gonna try and make my own lights too. It'll be a first for me but I found a site that explained a little about L.E.D. lights. Anyway, that's all that's cooking. I hope everyone has a happy 4th of July (for those that celebrate it). For everyone else, enjoy the weekend and be happy.

5 comments:

MYSTIC said...

I work on the Fourth every year, raising money for Habitat. I am intrested in your ride project. I will watch as it progresses. I ride, I don't build. I hope it really turns out the way you want. If I have any good ideas I'll pass them on..

Callie said...

He's always building something. He's good at it, too. Has some fantastic ideas. And his bikes always look nice - none of the fluffy stuff.

lowk said...

I already lost one good idea. It was for a way to control a jockey shift with your hand so that when you're stopped in a bad spot you could put your feet down. Just saw Russel Mitchell (exile bikes) used one in biker build off. I need to act faster on my bikes.

Penny said...

I would love to see your bike.

It took me until almost the end of the post to figure out that you were talking about a bike, because I know NOTHING about this kind of stuff.

But I would love to see it, nonetheless.

lowk said...

I'm getting some pics of the work in-progress. I've widened the fender and have cut open the tank so-far.