Sunday, July 09, 2006

Still lots to do




Well I finally got the fender widened and the hole for the brake light cut. I'll have to do some body work with a mallet and add some bondo but I think it'll look good when done. As for the oil tank, I still need to drill a hole for the fill port and do the finsh work on it. I was shocked when I measured the amount of liquid it would hold, a full 4 quarts. I was jazzed and relieved about that. It saved me from adding a secondary reserve tank under the tranny. As for the gas tank. I've cut open some fatbobs I had and have tacked them into a position that allows me to plug the existing opening and add my own fluch mount aircraft cap and install a custom dash of my own design. Still have lotsa work on this but I'm hoping it'll add a more unique look to this sled. I'll post some pics of other biikes I've built later.

4 comments:

lowk said...

Around this part of the country "tranny" has more than one meaning.

Kal said...

Md, I know it's a word. It's just that people like Lowk who weld can say tranny....

Those who knit say transmission.

lowk said...

I think I"ll post something new so it keeps peace in the family.

Mossy Stone said...

Lowk: Are you basically splicing two fat tanks together for the new build? Are you doing that really cool 'spedometer on the tank' thing, too?