Monday, June 19, 2006

Fed Up

I've tried very hard not to post my political beliefs because I prefer to leave others to theirs and not bring tension to a media that's suppose to be fun for me. However, after being belted over and over about the current government and the reason for the war has finally got to me. Granted The president is not the best we've ever had but he is not the worst either. I don't believe he's finishing "Dad's war" either. For the longest time Saddam played a stupid game of catch me with the U.N. He let inspectors in but only under his terms and when he wanted. The WMD's he used against Iran during that war (for those of you old enough to remember it) just didn't run out. He also used the against his own people. But since they weren't found quickly they must not exist. But how long did it take to discover the Titanic? At least we had a good idea where it was. Things could be hidden from the world for centuries. (king tut for example) I can't say for everyone. But I would rather have a leader that tries than one who does nothing. (I learned that after floating off the coast of Iran waiting to go in when Carter was president.) I'm hoping Bush was right but even if not the deed is done. Right or wrong Iraq needs to be stable before we pull out. Our worst enemy is the people who want peace but won't lift a finger to insure it. If we leave Iraq now what do you thing will happen? Everyone will just behave? The world is harsh and sometimes it calls for harsh action. I don't want to see war, but until greed, thirst for power and indecision go away it will remain. And for those that want to protest they need to remember how they got the right to do that in this country. And unless they are prepared to protect that right and pass it on to others with opposing opinions they need to shut-up.

10 comments:

MYSTIC said...

BRING BACK THE DRAFT. I'M WITH YOU LOWK. DON'T SEE MUCH POLITICS ON MY BLOG BUT I DO BELIEVE WE ALL OWE OUR COUNTRY A LOT. TO SERVE IT IN THE MILITARY IS AN HONOR. I DID IT FOR 23 YEARS UNTIL I WAS MEDICALLY RETIRED DUE TO INJURY. NEVER REGRETED IT FOR A MOMENT. WHY THE DRAFT? IT MAKES US ALL EQUALS. WE ALL THEN HAVE A RIGHT TO BITCH AND COMPLAIN BECAUSE WE PAID OUR DUES SO TO SPEAK. IF YOU HAVEN'T PAID THE PRICE, YOU HAVE NO VOICE. YOUR JUST HOT AIR. AS MUCH AS I HATE LISTENING TO REP MURTHA FROM PA, HE HAS THE RIGHT TO HIS OPIONION...HE'S PAID THE DUES. HE'S STILL A JERK BUT HE HAS EARNED THE RIGHT TO BITCH...NOT MANY OF OUR REPS HAVE SERVED. THEY SHOULD NOT BE MAKING DECISIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO FIGHT AND DIE. THEY HAVE NO EXPERIENCE TO MAKE THOSE TYPE CALLS. KERRY AS MUCH AS I DETEST HIM AT LEAST SERVED. HE HAS THE RIGHT TO BITCH. GORE? CLINTON? VILLAGE IDIOTS IN SEARCH OF A JOB. I'VE VENTED..AND I WAS FEELING SO GOOD TILL YOU BROUGHT THIS CRAP UP. NUKE UM TILL THEY GLOW.

Penny said...

I'm with you too, Lowk. I may not love Dubya, but I see what he's trying to do...and you can't just back out of a country when it's in the kind of turmoil that Iraq is suffering.

No one wants to go to war...and no one likes it when soldiers die, but ya know what? That's WAR. You were in the military, you know that you have to be prepared -- on one level or another -- to make the ultimate sacrifice.

What we need to do (we being all countries) to support our military far more than we do.

lowk said...

You're both right. Mystic I figuered you'd understand the most being military. The draft would give everyone the view from the opposite side of the fence. Maybe more intelligent decisions would be made then.
Thanks Penny, lotsa folks don't wanna look at the whole picture. Tunnel vision is very easy and infectious. I don't like listening to others rant and rave or cry for the sake of emotional value. But when I became a marine it was to defend all our rights even if I don't agree. It would be soo much easier if I was into a dictatorship. :)

MYSTIC said...

I SERVED TWO TOURS IN VIET NAM, JUST MISSED THE FIRST IRAQI WAR BUT THE PEOPLE I TRAINED WENT. HAD A NEPHEW WITH RECON IN IRAQI, SO I KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT WAR...IT SUCKS. PONDER THIS THOUGHT. DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN US AND OUR PARENTS GENERATION? WHEN OUR PARENTS WENT TO WAR..THE NATION WENT TO WAR. THEY ALL WORKED TOWARD THE COMMON GOAL. THEY HAD LEADERS WHO HAD GUTS. WE HAVE BALL-LESS POLITICIANS, NOT LEADERS. WE HAVE THE MCKINNEY AND POLOSIE, KENNEDY AND THAT ILK. IF THEY HAVEN'T SERVED THEY SHOULD NOT BE SENDING PEOPLE INTO BATTLE. THIS ISN'T A COMIC BOOK STORY HERE. THIS ARE YOUNG MEN AND WOMAN IN HARMS WAY...DON'T SCREW OVER THEM IN THE NAME OF POLITICS. DON'T PULL THIS CRYING ABOUT CARING FOR THE TROOPS CRAP..WHILE YOU MESS OVER THEM. DON'T PISS ME OFF...I'M GOING TO SHOOT MY GUNS OFF...NRA RIDES AGAIN...

lowk said...

I really like you Mystic. You cut throught the bullshit

MYSTIC said...

Bullshit is when you bring Marines to trial for killing the enemy and you debate about the rights of terrorists and keep putting them back out on the battlefield. Where is the public outcry about the two soldiers who just got mutilated and beheaded. Our news media won't tell you what these bastards did to our soldiers...afraid it might upset us. I'm assuming you know what they did..now that is bullshit I would like to end....Can you spell "NUKE THE WHOLE F...ING PLACE"? Just my opinion based on my observations.

Chris said...

I agree 100%! Finally a voice of reason.

lowk said...

You'd make a great general mystic.

Mark said...

A-MEN to the post and these comments. As a person who serves as well, I sometiems can't stand to listen to the opinions of the people who haven't.

Penny said...

Don't forget, too, how many of the Iraqi people LIKE the soldiers and are THANKFUL for them and what they're doing.

It's just the rebels that give everyone a bad name. There are a lot of people over there that cheer the "Allies" (if you will) when they go past.