Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Another "Ever Wonder"

It seems that as I get older the more these things pop into my head. Maybe I'm finally growing-up. (Dad said it would never happen)(Old fart)
Anyway, I've been thinking about my thirty year high school reunion and my high school sweetheart popped into my head. The one girl I thought I could never live without. My first true love. As I thought about those days and the ones that followed. I realized that all the "mistakes" I made with her and with the women I got involved with along the way were not really mistakes. I came to think of it as fate taking an active hand in my destiny. Without dragging this out into some life-long story in pain staking detail. I'll just say that there were times when all I had to do to get involved with a woman was to shut my mouth and smile. But instead I would completely destroy the situation for no apparent reason. But when it came to Callie, I seemed to try harder. Granted I still fucked-up from time to time, but she would give me another chance. And believe me I wanted them. That's why I started to wonder. Were those mistakes I made with other women really mistakes? I don't think so because mistakes you regret making. I'm happy and don't regret loosing those women. I am happy and feel this is where I am suppose to be. Maybe we are just feathers blowing in the winds of destiny like the Forrest Gump intro.

7 comments:

Callie said...

Great. Now I'm going to cry, and all the people I work with are going to wonder what's up, and I'm going to have to tell them it's my husband, and they're going to think the worst, and then I'm going to have to tell them that no, it's just because you're so damn sweet, and then they're going to think I'm a freak.

I love you!

lowk said...

Love You back.

MYSTIC said...

I THINK YOU TWO HAVE ABOUT COVERED EVERYTHING....

Chris said...

I love your new hot tub.

lowk said...

Thanks guys. We love our hot tub too.

Danikabur said...

Every 'mistake' is a learning lesson. You weren't meant to be with those girls (cuz I totally agree... Callie is the one you were meant to be with... lucky guy) but you needed to learn the lessons you had with them. I strongly believe that people are in your life for a reason and even if it's just walking through you learn.

I learn more and more about myself from the people I meet. I learn what I want and what I don't want. I think when I finally have learned what I need to the right person will walk in and I'll be able to find what you and Callie have.

The tough times and all you guys are great with eachother and I'm so happy that you both worked through the tough times to get all the good.

lowk said...

Thanks Dani. I agree people are put into our lives for a reason. But it's not always clear at that point in time. I'm sure you'll find the right guy when the time is right.