Monday, May 22, 2006

She did it again!



The last time I posted about my kids, kidlet had taken a fall on her bicycle. Well, this Saturday she took a fall from the third step of our stair case. The poor thing was so excited about her friends sleeping over and the fun they where having she for got to hold the rail as she came running down the stairs. I heard the noise and saw Callie go running and then rush kidlet into the bathroom. I went in there was blood all over. Callie is not real good with emergencies so she let me take over to see how bad it was. The kid knocked one of her front adult teeth out. Apparently she landed on her face and knocked the tooth out along with a bloody nose and a fat lip and reestablishing the mouse that just healed. Good thing Callie managed to get hold of a dentist to reinsert the tooth. Looks like she'll keep it if all goes well, but she will have to have a root canal since the nerves were severed. Poor kid was sooo embarrassed. I tell you. Seeing your child crying and covered in blood is not for the weak. It broke my heart not being able to stop her pain. Kidlet managed to come through it like a trooper. Hopefully she learned her lesson and that munchkin learns too. the pics are of kidlet after the crash and then the fall. She is definately her mothers daughter.

6 comments:

Callie said...

It's not that I'm not good in an emergency. It's that if you're there, I'd much prefer you to deal with the blood and first aid. You have SOOOOO much more experience at it than I do. (goodness knows, you've tended to all of my ouchies)

:-P

Penny said...

Man oh man, hope kidlet's feeling better. Tell her not to be embarassed about it, we ALL fall on our faces at some point in our lives.

The Girl face planted into a sidewalk once. Started at her chin and sorta slid forward and up her face. Drove a tooth back up into the gum and she still has the scars on her nose!

lowk said...

We all land on our face at some piont. Just try and explain that to a 10yr old. Right now she's more worried about the root canal. I'll pass along your sympathy. Thanks penny. "hugs"

MYSTIC said...

I AM SO SORRY THAT SHE HAD TO GO THROUGH THAT. I WON'T OFFER ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO STOP THOSE TYPE ACCIDENTS BECAUSE IT HAS TO DO WITH DUCT TAPE AND TURNING 18 BEFORE YOU LET THEM OUT AGAIN..HOPE SHE FEELS BETTER SOON.

lowk said...

Thankz mystic. I like the duck tape idea.

lowk said...

2 shotguns and one long range rigle incase they run.