Sunday, January 08, 2006

If it's you, it'll show.


That's a philosophy I developed about 15 years ago when I went through a depression. I stopped everything. No hunting, shooting, archery, motorcycles. Everything! I was lost! And when you're lost you stop and take a look around to find out where you are. Well, it worked. All the things I loved most surfaced and I knew where I was and who I am. Since then I've had to put things that are truly me on hold for the sake of my family and home. I still heard the call, but just couldn't find the time to answer. Well, things are going good, everyone is well, the sun will rise and set regardless of my wished. So I'm picking up my bow again with the hopes that's some of those dreams I've had may come true. Callie has always supported me and the girls have shown an interest, so maybe, just maybe my time has come. My hunting buddy is not as enthusiastic about his bow as before, but I'm determined to get back to the love that I've had since childhood. With his company or without. I'm sure we'll continue to hunt together from time to time. But for me, the bow is the purest form of pursuing game. I've gone many years without success, but I still love it. At times I honestly believe I was born 500 years too late. I'll start with the tourneys I always enjoyed and lotsa stump shooting. With luck I'll be successful this year, God willing and the river don't rise.

6 comments:

Callie said...

You know I'll support you in anything you desire. And if you want, I'll be right there by your side when you do it. I love you very very much.

lowk said...

I looking forward to shooting together like we use to. x.o

Lana said...

I grew up with hunting in my blood. Every season Bow Rifle all.
My brother is the champ. he can hit a rabbit running full speed right thru the heart.
See my father is a Ojibwe indian so it was important to keep with tradition.
Good luck in your adventure.

Penny said...

Though I'm not a hunter, I know what you mean about putting stuff on hold because of family and responsibilities.

I'm extremely happy to hear you're picking up something that you enjoy again.

Good for you!

lowk said...

Thank you MD and Penny. I'm looking forward to having Callie and the kids join me in something that I love so much. (Lets just hope they decide not to collect on my life insurance) <(

lowk said...

Of course I will, I don't expect them to. But I want them to know that the choice is theirs. and that they are lucky to have that choice.